Bond Street Congregational Church – Once in the Garden District

Posted:

Bond Street Congregational Church and later Evangel Temple was once located on Dundas St E (at Bond St on the northeast corner) in the Garden District neighbourhood of Toronto.

Built in 1879 and torn down in 1981, the church was designed by architects WF McCaw and EJ Lennox.

Bond Street Congregational Church Photos

1907 - Bond Street Congregational Church, later Evangel Temple, once at Bond St and Dundas St E on the northeast corner from 1879 until 1981
1907 – Bond Street Congregational Church, later Evangel Temple, once at Bond St and Dundas St E on the northeast corner from 1879 until 1981 (Toronto Public Library R-3515)
1972 - Evangel Temple, originally Bond Street Congregational Church, once at Bond St and Dundas St E, northeast corner. The church building no longer exists
1972 – Evangel Temple, originally Bond Street Congregational Church, once at Bond St and Dundas St E, northeast corner. The church building no longer exists (City of Toronto Archives, Fonds 2032, Series 841, File 13, Item 32)
1981 – Looking northeast towards Evangel Temple during demolition. The church once stood at Bond St and Dundas St E
1981 – Looking northeast towards Evangel Temple during demolition. The church once stood at Bond St and Dundas St E (City of Toronto Archives, Fonds 1526, File 28, Item16)
1910 – Post Card of Bond Street Congregational Church, Toronto, Canada
1910 – Post Card of Bond Street Congregational Church, Toronto, Canada (Toronto Public Library PC168)
1981 – Looking towards the site of the former Bond Street Congregational Church, later Evangel Temple Bond St, once at Dundas St E and Bond St. The church had just been demolished
1981 – Looking towards the site of the former Bond Street Congregational Church, later Evangel Temple Bond St, once at Dundas St E and Bond St. The church had just been demolished (City of Toronto Archives, Fonds 1526, File 28, Item 25)
1956 – Looking northeast from Bond St, just south of Dundas St E, towards Evangel Temple. The church was demolished in 1981 and replaced by the present-day mixed-used building
1956 – Looking northeast from Bond St, just south of Dundas St E, towards Evangel Temple. The church was demolished in 1981 and replaced by the present-day mixed-used building (Toronto Public Library R-3461)
1977 – Looking northwest towards Evangel Temple once at Bond St and Dundas St E
1977 – Looking northwest towards Evangel Temple once at Bond St and Dundas St E (City of Toronto Archives, Fonds 1526, File 9, Item 8)
2021 – Looking northeast towards Bond St and Dundas St E corner, where Evangel Temple, originally Bond Street Congregational Church, once stood
2021 – Looking northeast towards Bond St and Dundas St E corner, where Evangel Temple, originally Bond Street Congregational Church, once stood
SOURCE

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Stay Connected

24,077FollowersFollow
103FollowersFollow
8,850FollowersFollow