Originally Bloordale Theatre, later the State, was once located at 1606 Bloor St W (between Dorval Rd and Indian Rd, east of Keele St) in the West Bend neighbourhood of Toronto.
Built in the mid-1930s, architects Kaplan & Sprachman designed the theatre in the Art Deco style. In the late 1940s, it was renamed State Theatre and remained open into the late 1960s.
Today the building, which has the address 1610 Bloor St W, is home to retail stores.
Bloordale/State Theatre Photos