Bloor Street United Church

Bloor Street United Church, originally Bloor Street Presbyterian Church, is located at 300 Bloor St W (at Huron St on the northwest corner) in The Annex neighbourhood of Toronto.

Built in 1890, the United church was designed by architect William R Gregg in the Gothic Revival style. Bloor Street United Church received heritage status from the City of Toronto in 2005.

Bloor Street United Church Photos

2020 - Looking northwest from the corner of Bloor St W at Huron St
2020 – Looking northwest from the corner of Bloor St W at Huron St
1956 - Looking northwest towards Huron St from Bloor St W (Toronto Public Library r-169)
1956 – Looking northwest towards Huron St from Bloor St W (Toronto Public Library r-169)
2020 - Looking north at the doors from Bloor St W – notice the quadrefoil windows and the words of “Bloor Street United Church” over the entrances
2020 – Looking north at the doors from Bloor St W – notice the quadrefoil windows and the words of “Bloor Street United Church” over the entrances
2020 – Looking northeast towards the church from Bloor St W - built in 1890, designed by architect William R. Gregg
2020 – Looking northeast towards the church from Bloor St W – built in 1890, designed by architect William R. Gregg
1924 - Looking northeast at Bloor Street United Church - notice the three entry arches, originally located in the south wall of the church before the 1927 widening of Bioor St W
1924 – Looking northeast at Bloor Street United Church – notice the three entry arches, originally located in the south wall of the church before the 1927 widening of Bloor St W (City of Toronto Archives, Fonds 1231, Item 343)
2020 - The conical roof of the church's west tower
2020 – The conical roof of the church’s west tower
1954 - Looking northwest towards the corner Bloor St W and Huron St – where Bloor Street United Church is today
1954 – Looking northwest towards the corner Bloor St W and Huron St – where Bloor Street United Church is today (Toronto Public Library r-1436)
SOURCE