Looking northwest from Gerrard St W towards Benjamin Johnson House and Laplante Ave in downtown Toronto. In 1875, Mr Johnson, a bricklayer, built the majestic residence for his own use. It’s part of the last remaining block of early buildings in the bygone neighbourhood known as Gerrard Village. The building received heritage designation from the city in 1974 and is today home to Jimmy’s Coffee.
- Photo: Denise Marie for TorontoJourney416
- Vintage Photo: City of Toronto Archives