Looking southwest towards the corner of Bay St and Gerrard St W, in the Discovery District of Toronto. The archive photo shows Herman Furs on the corner. Today, the corner is home to a mixed-use building. Bay St, between Queen St W and College St, was previously known as Terauley St. In 1797, Dr James Macaulay, a former army surgeon for the Queen’s Rangers, was granted several acres of land in the area west of Yonge St and north of Queen St W from the Crown. His residence was called Teraulay Cottage.
- Photo: Denise Marie for TorontoJourney416
- Vintage Photo: City of Toronto Archives