Originally Bathurst Street Methodist Church, today it’s home to The Randolph Theatre (formerly the Bathurst Street Theatre), located at 730 Bathurst St (at Lennox St on the southwest corner) in the Mirvish Village neighbourhood of Toronto.
Built in 1887/88 at the cost of $30,000, architects Gordon & Helliwell designed the church in the Gothic Revival style. In 1910, Burke & Horwood added a Sunday School.
In the 1950s, the congregation membership was decreasing, so the church started renting space for plays and concerts. In 1985, it permanently became the Bathurst Street Theatre.
The building received heritage status from the City of Toronto in 1979.
Bathurst Street Methodist Church/Randolph Theatre Photos