Grand Union Hotel, later the Carls-Rite, then the Barclay Hotel, was once located on the northeast corner of Front St W and Simcoe St in downtown Toronto. The hotel opened as the Grand Union in 1894 and had well over 100 guestrooms. It was likely named Grand Union for its proximity to the old Union Station. In the mid-1910s, the hotel was sold and renamed Carls-Rite. In 1946, the property changed hands, and after an interior renovation, it reopened as the Barclay Hotel the following year. When the Barclay closed in 1965, it was torn down, and the corner became a parking lot for several decades. In 2019, construction began on a 46-storey office tower.