The Palm House at Allan Gardens in 1913 & 2022

Posted:

The Palm House Conservatory at Allan Gardens is located at 160 Gerrard St E in the Garden District neighbourhood of Toronto. Built in 1910, the Victorian-style conservatory was designed by architect Robert McCallum. It’s made from glass, steel, brick and wood and features a 16-sided dome.

The building received heritage status from the city in 1973. Notice the Equilibrium mural by Okuda San Miguel on the east facade of Parkside Student Residences at Jarvis St and Carlton St.

1913/2022 – The Palm House Conservatory at Allan Gardens is located at 160 Gerrard St E in the Garden District neighbourhood of Toronto. Built in 1910, the Victorian-style conservatory was designed by architect Robert McCallum. It’s made from glass, steel, brick and wood and features a 16-sided dome. The building received heritage status from the city in 1973. Notice the Equilibrium mural by Okuda San Miguel on the east facade of Parkside Student Residences at Jarvis St and Carlton St
1913/2022 – The Palm House Conservatory at Allan Gardens is located at 160 Gerrard St E in the Garden District neighbourhood (City of Toronto Archives, Fonds 1231, Item 541)
SOURCE

Stay Connected

22,156FollowersFollow
94FollowersFollow
8,950FollowersFollow
error: Alert: Content selection is disabled