Alexander Street Baptist Church was once located on Alexander St (on the south side, between Yonge St and Church St) in the Church and Wellesley neighbourhood of Toronto.
The white brick, Gothic-style church was built in 1867 at the cost of $10,500. In 1876, architect Henry Langley designed extensive renovations for the church. In 1886, the congregation decided to move to a new location as the church membership was growing. They sold the building to the Anglican Communion, and the structure became “The Church School.” In the mid-1950s, the Alexander St building was demolished.
Once the decision was made to move, the congregation constructed their new church on the northwest corner of Jarvis St and Wellesley St E. Built in 1888-89 at the cost of over $30,000, architects Smith & Gemmell designed the church in the early English style. At that same time, the church was renamed Immanuel Baptist Church. The building was demolished in 1967.
Today Immanuel Baptist Church is at 1100 Finch Ave E and in 2016 celebrated 150 years of service.