The Adelphi Theatre, originally Cum-Bac was once located at 1008 Dovercourt Rd (north of Hallam St on the west side) in the Dovercourt Park neighbourhood of Toronto.
The Cum-Bac opened in the 1920s and, in the mid-1930s, was renamed the Adelphi. By 1957, the theatre closed and became home to a Ukrainian church. The congregation used the former theatre’s facilities for services. Today, the building is home to a Greek-Orthodox church.
Adelphi Theatre Photos
The Globe and Mail Newspaper Archives: Jun 29, 1957, pg 41