Looking west along Adelaide St E from Jarvis St, in the Old Town, St Lawrence neighbourhood of Toronto.
St James Park and the Cathedral Church of St James are on the left. Built in 1853, the present-day Cathedral is the fourth church building on the site, with the previous ones constructed in 1807, 1831 and 1839.
The 3-storey building on the right is the Lewis Building. The structure was built over a fourteen-year period from 1870 to 1884 as a row of shops by its owner and tobacconist, John D Lewis.
Then and Now
- Photo: Denise Marie for TorontoJourney416
- Vintage Photo: City of Toronto Archives