The 2½-storey semi-detached homes are located at 9 and 11 Spadina Rd, north of Bloor St W, next to the Spadina subway station in The Annex neighbourhood of Toronto. Built in 1890, the houses were amongst the first buildings constructed on the street. The original occupants were FW Himsworth at 9 Spadina Rd and George Stinson at 11. The red brick homes feature Gothic Revival and Italianate architectural elements and decorative wood detailing, including on the front gables and two-storey verandahs.
The archive photo shows when the heritage-designated house operated as the Karabanow Tourist Home and a real estate office.
- Photo: Denise Marie for TorontoJourney416
- Vintage Photo: City of Toronto Archives