Looking southeast towards the semi-detached homes at 9 and 11 Spadina Rd, north of Bloor St W in The Annex neighbourhood of Toronto. Built in 1890, the houses were amongst the first buildings constructed on Spadina Rd. The original occupants were FW Himsworth at 9 Spadina Rd and George Stinson at 11.
The red brick homes feature Gothic Revival and Italianate architectural elements and decorative wood detailing, including on the front gables and two-storey verandahs. In the archive photo, the heritage-designated homes were rooming houses, according to the Toronto City Directory.
- Photo: Denise Marie for TorontoJourney416
- Vintage Photo: City of Toronto Archives