Looking northeast along Adelaide St E from George St in the Old Town, St Lawrence neighbourhood of Toronto.
The group of buildings ranging from 252 to 264 Adelaide St E were initially the Bank of Upper Canada (built in 1825/27), De La Salle Institute (built in 1871) and Toronto’s First Post Office (built in 1833/34 and is once again a post office today). The buildings received heritage designation from the city in 1973 (City of Toronto Archives, Fonds 2032, Series 841, File 20, Item 3)
- Photo: Denise Marie for TorontoJourney416
- Vintage Photo: City of Toronto Archives