George’s Bourbon St and Italian Café in 1981 & 2023

Posted:

Looking towards the northwest corner of Queen St W from Simcoe St in downtown Toronto. The archive photo shows George’s Bourbon St and Italian Café, once at 180 Queen St W. The restaurant and jazz club were operated by Doug Cole, who also ran George’s Spaghetti House.

The Queen St W location closed in the mid-1980s. The building and a large portion of the block were demolished and replaced by the present-day mixed-use office tower, completed in 2006

September 27, 1981/2023 – Looking towards the northwest corner of Queen St W from Simcoe St in downtown Toronto. The archive photo shows George's Bourbon St and Italian Café, once at 180 Queen St W. The restaurant and jazz club were operated by Doug Cole, who also ran George's Spaghetti House. The Queen St W location closed in the mid-1980s. The building and a large portion of the block were demolished and replaced by the present-day mixed-use office tower, completed in 2006
September 27, 1981/2023 – Looking towards the northwest corner of Queen St W from Simcoe St in downtown Toronto (City of Toronto Archives, Fonds 1526, File 70, Item 16)
SOURCE

Stay Connected

24,077FollowersFollow
103FollowersFollow
8,850FollowersFollow